Assign New Contact to a Category in Outlook 2002

Old January 2nd 07, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Denise

Default Assign New Contact to a Category in Outlook 2002

I would like to know if it is possible to assign a new contact to a
category immediately when creating the new contact record. The only
way I have found to do this is to create the new contact record, save
it, go to my list of contacts and right-click it to assign a category.

I'm sure there must be a way to do this from the initial new contact
data entry screen instead of having to pull the contact back up from
the listing once saved.

Old January 2nd 07, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Do you not see the Category field in the main page of the Contact Record?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
ups.com...

Old January 2nd 07, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Denise

Russ,

Thank you for your reply.

No, I do not see a Category field in the main page of the Contact
Record. Should it be on the General tab? The fields I show there are
Full Name, Job Title, Company, File as, Address, Business phone, Home
phone, Business Fax, Mobile, Email, Display as, Web page address, and
IM address.

If I am looking in the wrong place, please tell me where it should
show. I have checked the fields on every tab and have also tried
different Views. I researched this in the MS KB and on this group
before I posted my question and did not see any references to the same
issue.

Sorry to be so dense!

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
Do you not see the Category field in the main page of the Contact Record?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
ups.com...

Old January 2nd 07, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

It should be at the bottom of the General tab, along with a Contacts area
and a Private checkbox. If you don't see those make sure your form size
shows the complete contacts form (assuming you're using a standard contacts
form and not a custom one). Try maximizing the form and see if you see those
fields.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old January 3rd 07, 12:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Denise

Ken,

Thank you so much.

I do see the Contacts field at the bottom of the Contact Record now.
It's possible it was there all along and I just never looked down below
the large blank Notes field. If so, my bad. Either way, I truly
appreciate the reply.