Hotmail account won't load in Outlook 2003 - It worked fine until yesterday

Old January 2nd 07, 08:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Michele

Default Hotmail account won't load in Outlook 2003 - It worked fine until yesterday

I use outlook 2003 and hotmail...up until yesterday everything was
working fine. Now, all of a sudden, whenever I turn Outlook on, it
asks for my login (as usual), but when I type in my password, the
password dialog box just keeps popping up over and over again. Even if
I click Cancel or the red x (close box), it won't go away. Eventually
(after minutes of this), it will allow me to work offline, but won't
let me work in outlook. Hotmail is working fine (when I access it
through a browser), so it's not that. Everything was working fine, and
now it's not. I've tried deleting the account and resetting it (didn't
work), tried doing it without a password, everything I can think of.
Anybody have any brilliant ideas? It's a huge pain, because I use
outlook on my treo and essentially use it for everything (tasks,
calendar, etc.) and it's usually stable. Help?! Thanks.

Old January 2nd 07, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Do you have a paid Hotmail account? I seem to remember that Outlook access
required a paid account and that MS was enforcing it over time.

oups.com...

Old January 2nd 07, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Michele

I do have a paid Hotmail account. I've been using this set up for
about a year. And all of a sudden it's a problem. It's driving me
crazy, because once it stops asking me to login (and goes into offline
work mode) I can see my calendar and task lists, but it takes forever
to get to that point.

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
Do you have a paid Hotmail account? I seem to remember that Outlook access
required a paid account and that MS was enforcing it over time.

oups.com...

Old January 3rd 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vanguard

"Michele" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Look at the many matches found at Microsoft's own support knowledgebase
designed specifically to help their users with many problems with their
many products.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...ember+password

You'll get far less matches if you select Outlook 2003 as the product
(and remove "outlook" from the query).

Old January 5th 07, 12:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Peter

Default Hotmail account won't load in Outlook 2003 - It worked fine until

Michelle.
Have you managed to resolve this?!?! Its driving me nuts too!!...have
resorted to simply removing the account from Outlook..but seems like a step
backwards!
Peter

Old January 10th 07, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
mojito

Default Hotmail account won't load in Outlook 2003 - It worked fine un

Im stuck with this too since doing microsoft updates and installing ie7, why
do you do this MS this is why we all dislike you (hate is too strong) and I
have to say it I am strating to look to apple and that i thought i'd never
say.

why why why, does it make so very much more money somehow ?

"Michele" wrote:

I do have a paid Hotmail account. I've been using this set up for
about a year. And all of a sudden it's a problem. It's driving me
crazy, because once it stops asking me to login (and goes into offline
work mode) I can see my calendar and task lists, but it takes forever
to get to that point.

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
Do you have a paid Hotmail account? I seem to remember that Outlook access
required a paid account and that MS was enforcing it over time.

oups.com...