to only the people in one state. How do I find them and do this without
having to scroll through each contact? There has to be a way to create a
distribution list easily.

I would think it should be only a few clicks to create this list and send it
out?

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] December 28th 06 04:09 PM

How do I do the following?

Your Contacts are in a Contacts Folder, not the Outlook Address Book. Can't
you just filter the view of your Contacts Folder by state using Advanced
Find, then Select All New Message to Contact?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"--- Mardman ---" wrote in message
I have about 300 contacts in my Outlook address book. I want to send
emails to only the people in one state. How do I find them and do this

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] December 28th 06 04:18 PM

How do I do the following?

Or create a new view to group or filter by state?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"--- Mardman ---" wrote in message
I have about 300 contacts in my Outlook address book. I want to send
emails to only the people in one state. How do I find them and do this
without having to scroll through each contact? There has to be a way to
create a distribution list easily.

I would think it should be only a few clicks to create this list and send
it out?

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

December 28th 06 05:19 PM

How do I do the following?

I can filter but when I highlight and right click to select New Message To
Contact, there is not that option.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] December 28th 06 05:22 PM

How do I do the following?

What are you highlighting? You need to select all the individual contacts you want to send to.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"--- Mardman ---" wrote in message
I have about 300 contacts in my Outlook address book. I want to send
emails to only the people in one state. How do I find them and do this
without having to scroll through each contact? There has to be a way to
create a distribution list easily.

I would think it should be only a few clicks to create this list and send
it out?

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

December 28th 06 08:30 PM

How do I do the following?

I am highlighting the contacts.

If I right click on ONE I have the option "New Message to Contact"

But if I highlight two or more and right click I do not have that. I get
cut, copy, paste, clear and select all.

--
http://www.totally****edoff.com

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] December 28th 06 08:43 PM

How do I do the following?

Use the command on the Actions menu, not the right-click context menu.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"--- Mardman ---" wrote in message
I have about 300 contacts in my Outlook address book. I want to send
emails to only the people in one state. How do I find them and do this
without having to scroll through each contact? There has to be a way to
create a distribution list easily.

I would think it should be only a few clicks to create this list and
send
it out?

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

December 28th 06 09:02 PM

How do I do the following?

Hey thanks. What is I wanted to send it Bcc? How would I do that? Thanks

--
http://www.totally****edoff.com

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] December 28th 06 09:19 PM

How do I do the following?

Cut and paste the names from the To box into the Bcc box.

Or, use the Tools | Mail Merge command to send individual, personalized messages.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\) December 29th 06 12:45 AM

How do I do the following?

Another easy way to get all the people from a State together for an email is
to use the Group By box - it's on the Advanced Toolbar. Drag the State
field into the group by box. You'll need to show the Phone List view of the
Contacts folder for this function.

I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow
Wilson)