How do I do the following?

Old December 28th 06, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Default How do I do the following?

I have about 300 contacts in my Outlook address book. I want to send emails
to only the people in one state. How do I find them and do this without
having to scroll through each contact? There has to be a way to create a
distribution list easily.

I would think it should be only a few clicks to create this list and send it
out?

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Old December 28th 06, 05:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Your Contacts are in a Contacts Folder, not the Outlook Address Book. Can't
you just filter the view of your Contacts Folder by state using Advanced
Find, then Select All New Message to Contact?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old December 28th 06, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Or create a new view to group or filter by state?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old December 28th 06, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

I can filter but when I highlight and right click to select New Message To
Contact, there is not that option.

Old December 28th 06, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What are you highlighting? You need to select all the individual contacts you want to send to.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old December 28th 06, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

I am highlighting the contacts.

If I right click on ONE I have the option "New Message to Contact"

But if I highlight two or more and right click I do not have that. I get
cut, copy, paste, clear and select all.

--
http://www.totally****edoff.com

Old December 28th 06, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Use the command on the Actions menu, not the right-click context menu.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old December 28th 06, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Hey thanks. What is I wanted to send it Bcc? How would I do that? Thanks

--
http://www.totally****edoff.com

Old December 28th 06, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Cut and paste the names from the To box into the Bcc box.

Or, use the Tools | Mail Merge command to send individual, personalized messages.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old December 29th 06, 01:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Another easy way to get all the people from a State together for an email is
to use the Group By box - it's on the Advanced Toolbar. Drag the State
field into the group by box. You'll need to show the Phone List view of the
Contacts folder for this function.

I hope this helps you at least a little bit!

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au
Canberra, Australia

"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." (Woodrow
Wilson)