imported calendar file, now Outlook not responding

Old December 28th 06, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
hannahwaits

Default imported calendar file, now Outlook not responding

I imported a calendar file (in Personal Folder File (.pst) format), and
Outlook "froze up" while importing the file. Now I am unable to use Outlook
becuase it opens then becomes "Not Responding." When I send the error report
to Windows I get some message about WinFax Pro conflicting with Outlook.
However I had opened and used Outlook many times before importing the
calendar and got no message about WinFax Pro or freeze up problems (and I
don't think I own WinFax Pro--though I do have Norton). I would be happy to
"purge" the calendar if I could--but I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
Outlook and the calendar (and freeze up problems) stayed on my computer.
Please help.
Old December 28th 06, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Instead of importing, use File Open to open the Calendar PST.
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

Old December 30th 06, 12:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
hannahwaits

I already imported the calendar. It's just that now, after importing, the
program starts up but then freezes shortly thereafter and I am unable to use
any of the features (it reads as "Not Responding"). Is there a way to take
off (unimport?) this calendar that I have imported, in the hope that it will
make this major problem go away?

Old January 4th 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

I think that instead I would delete the Outlook profile, restart the PC, then
create a new Outlook profile.
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/