Symantec WinFax Pro outlook 2003

Old December 7th 06, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Default Symantec WinFax Pro outlook 2003

What is the exact error message you get? The original post was a reply from
either MS or Symantec about an error message not specified.

What version of Outlook are you using? Provide all the details you can so
people can answer your question properly.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"bb" wrote in message
I got the same error message, and I've NEVER installed winfax pro on this
machine. (I haven't used it for years, and have the program on 3.5"
floppies,
and this machine has no such drive.)

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Thanks
bb

Old December 7th 06, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GandalfPJ - G.O.A.T. (Guy Of All Trades)

I found this conversation while searching for a resolution to a problem for
one of our end-users. It seems that he is encountering the same problem as
described previously. I don't have the text for the EXACT error message, but
this is what he sent me:

"My Outlook crashed this afternoon, followed by a solution message from
Microsoft attributing the problem to Symantec WinFax Pro and directing me to
the Symantec website for a solution. "

I know for a fact that Winfax Pro has never been installed on this machine,
so I would have to agree that there's a problem with the error reporting.
Anybody have any ideas?

Old December 7th 06, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

That resolution message is something that's an MS error obviously. I was
testing some raw addin code a client sent me to debug for him and after
Outlook crashed I got the same resolution message in IE. It was obviously
wrong, this particular dev machine has never had any WinFax software on it
or any Symantec software on it for that matter.

So without knowing what crashed, how and what caused it and what else is
running in Outlook there's no way to know what's going on with the problems
that anyone is having other than that erroneous message in IE from MS.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old December 7th 06, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

How reassuring. For once we can't blame this one on Symantec. Interesting
bug.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old December 7th 06, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I passed it along to Ed to get resolved, along with the fault bucket I got.
Maybe that will help PSS figure it out.

I told Ed if it wasn't affecting users who would get fooled by the
resolution I'd just leave it as is for the humor value eg

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old December 8th 06, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Matt Mucklo

We are getting the same error message, no trace of WinFax on this machine (in
fact it was a fresh reinstall of Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 using
the discs from the manufacturer (Dell), with no WinFax included).

Outlook Version 2003 (11.8010.8107).

Addins:
ACT 2006 Extensions
Delegate Access
Deleted Item Recovery
Exchange Extensions commands
Exchange Extensions property pages

COM Addins:
iTunes
Cloudmark AntiSpam
Norton AntiSpam (currently disabled in Norton, but still listed in Outlook's
COM Add-in manager)
Old December 12th 06, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ettamd

How long will it take to work this out? i can't print emails from MS Outlook
2003. It won't send them to the printer, it automatically directs me to MS
Online Crash Analysis, which tells me that this problem was likely caused by
Symatec WinFax Pro, which has never been installed on my computer.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be since the problem
definitely is NOT WinFax Pro?

Old December 12th 06, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ettamd

How long is it going to take to work this out? I can't print emails from MS
Outlook 2003. It will not send them to my printer, it automatically directs
me to Online Crash Analysis, where the message tells me that the problem
likely was caused by Symantec WinFax Pro, which has never been installed on
this computer. And I can't find any link explaining what to do if the Online
Crash Analysis is wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be (OL 2003 not sending
emails to printer) since this definitely has nothing to do with WinFax Pro?

Etta

Old December 12th 06, 05:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
ettamd

Sorry about the double post--somehow I got hung up in the registration
process and thought the first one disappeared.

Etta

Old December 12th 06, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

No idea about how long it will take to fix this. It's been reported and this
thread has been mentioned in the report, but I've been given no time frame
as to when it will be fixed or what has caused the problem.

I'm not aware of any printing problems with Outlook 2003 other than those
caused by using IE 7. That's another, different problem that has also been
reported to MS. I don't have any information as to any fixes for that
either.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]