"News" not visable on Outlook Go Menu

Old December 1st 06, 06:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alex Williamson

Default "News" not visable on Outlook Go Menu

This post sent from Outlook Express.

I have set up newsgroups in Outlook twice, and twice "news" has disappeared
from the go menu.

I successfully set up Outlooks news reader, adding "news" to the go menu. I
added news groups, visited one or two groups and closed Outlook.
The next time I opened Outlook "news" was no longer a choice in the go menu.

"news" is no longer available in customize.

I am working on MSDST certification and have XP and Office trial software.

I repeated this for a second user in second installation of XP and office
2003. The same thing happened.

In both cases, Outlook Express lists the news groups, and as you can see
Express newsreader works.

I suspect a virus.

I have looked around Registry and don't see anything specific that would
account for this, but my registry experience is limited.

Any Ideas?

Old December 1st 06, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

Alex Williamson wrote:

I am working on MSDST certification

Then in that case you should know how to search this group. This is
answered many times a week.....
Old December 1st 06, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]