Reply/New Message - Different Default Sender

Old November 27th 06, 03:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Shay

Default Reply/New Message - Different Default Sender

Hello All -

Using Outlook 2003 SP2
I have 3 accounts:
Acct 1 Pop/Smtp (Default)
Acct 2 Pop/Smtp
Acct 3 Pop/Smtp

When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the
sender.
But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct 3
is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message
screen "this message will be sent via Acct3."
I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1.

How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and
Reply-All???
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Shay

Old November 27th 06, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Shay wrote:

When I start a new mail message, the default Acct 1 is used for the
sender.
But when I click Forward/Reply/Reply-All on an existing message, Acct
3 is used for the sender. (I get a gray box at the top of the message
screen "this message will be sent via Acct3."
I can then click Accounts and change the sender to Acct 1.

How do I make Acct 1 be the default for New, Forward, Reply and
Reply-All???

Outlook will always use the account with which the original message was
received when replying or forwarding. I don't think there's any way to
change that.
--
Brian Tillman

Old November 29th 06, 02:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Shay

Thanks Brian.. BUT.... the sender switches from the default Acct 1 to
Acc3 even if the original sender was Acct 1 or if it's a new incoming
message
Any other ideas?

Old February 16th 07, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

not knowing the full problem since you didn't include any information,
problems such as this usually happen when you have two accounts on the same
server that share the same username and password and the 'wrong' account
downloads the message.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
On 28 Nov 2006 18:47:12 -0800, "Shay" wrote:

Any other ideas?

Let me join you. This has been driving me nuts since I installed
Office 2007. For some reason a given account seems more popular than
all the others. I cannot for the life of me see why.

Cheers,

Guy