Large emails may not send, or may send many copies but show up as not having been sent

Old November 24th 06, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
PaulE

Default Large emails may not send, or may send many copies but show up as not having been sent

Running OL2003 SP2, fully up to date.

I have multiple computers connected to a 1 Gb router and have a broadband
cable Internet connection.

(I have searched through the posts here but the closest I found was messages
stuck in the Outbox and that does not apply to me.)

Problem: This is an intermittent problem. I create a 2 Mb or maybe a 4 Mb
file (MPG or something) and send it by right-clicking the file and then
selecting Send to.... Mail Recipient. The file appears in the Outbox and
the status bar shows it as being sent. This will display for many minutes,
even on a 0.5 Mb file. Then the detailed status message will show that the
message was not sent because of an SMTP time-out. However, in many cases
the recipient DID get the file. If I walk away from the computer and let
Outlook do as it pleases, it will send the file MANY times to the recipient
but each time it stays in the outbox due to an SMTP time-out error - hence
Outlook tries to send it again.

- There is no "load" from other activity on my Internet connection when this
happens.

- I have disabled BitDefender and there is no difference. On my laptop,
the same problem has occurred and it runs Norton AV.

- I do not use my laptop in a mobile manner so I do not know if it would
happen on another Internet connection.

- Sometimes it happens late at night, and sometimes in the middle of the
day.

- To the best of my knowledge my Internet connection is robust.

SO.... Is there a time-out setting that I should be adjusting?

Why though would it report it as not sent, but send multiple copies?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Paul

Old November 26th 06, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vijay

Try to disable scan for Outgoing mails in Norton that should help u.

--
Vijay
Sites that I would recommend

Old November 27th 06, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

PaulE wrote:

This will
display for many minutes, even on a 0.5 Mb file. Then the detailed
status message will show that the message was not sent because of an
SMTP time-out. However, in many cases the recipient DID get the
file. If I walk away from the computer and let Outlook do as it
pleases, it will send the file MANY times to the recipient but each
time it stays in the outbox due to an SMTP time-out error - hence
Outlook tries to send it again.

In addition to Vijay's suggestion, lengthen the server timeout value on the
Advanced tab of your account properties pages.
--
Brian Tillman

Old November 29th 06, 05:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Vijay

Try Windows safe mode with networking and that should help.

--
Vijay
Sites that I would recommend
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/
Try the Windows Live Mail Beta
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.as...e-4911fb2b2e6d

PaulE wrote:

In addition to Vijay's suggestion, lengthen the server timeout value on
the Advanced tab of your account properties pages.
--
Brian Tillman

Outlook won't send large attachments Pam from Oz Outlook - General Queries 15 May 12th 08 01:51 PM
Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Multiple Copies K Patriot Outlook - Installation 1 October 31st 06 09:43 PM
I can't send copies of e-mails to myself Michael Mauzey Outlook Express 4 August 24th 06 11:15 AM
send two copies.. Duke Outlook Express 2 July 11th 06 12:23 PM
Send 4 people copies of each other'snext day's schedule each after Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] Outlook and VBA 0 February 1st 06 04:38 PM