Reply address always defaults to exchange address

Old January 8th 06, 05:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Default Reply address always defaults to exchange address

In ,
News typed:
I run outlook 2003 on XP SP2. I have an exchange account (exchange
server 5.5 on SBS) and 2 pop accounts. When I reply to an e-mail, even if
it
is from either of the POP accounts, the reply address defaults to the
exchange account. Outlook should use the reply address of the account
the e-mail was sent to but does not.I can change the account manually
for every reply e-mail but would like Outlook to set reply address to
the same account that the original e-mail was sent to. Thanks, in
advance,
Robert

This may be an SBS thing...try posting in
microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz for more help with SBS 4.5. I know
SBS2003 does funky things like this. I personally don't mix account types in
a mail profile, and don't recommend it anyway - you have more functionality
if Exchange handles *all* your mail....

Old March 6th 06, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Kozmo

I have a similar situation that I will post a new question on . Some of my
email replies come from the address to which the email was sent and others
come from my default address. It might have to do with case sensitivity. To
come from the originating address, the address seems to have to have the
same case throughout.

For example if I have an account and I receive an
email addressed exactlthat way the reply will come from
. If however somebody has sent me an email to
my reply will be sent from
instead.

I'm not sure about the case sensitivity thing. I've just noticed a few
emails that fit this scenario; I'll keep watching.

I'm using OL2000 on XP; no exchange account.

Let me know if you find a solution that might help on my end.
thanks; Kozmo