Outlook: from Exchange to stand alone version

Old November 12th 06, 01:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
24

Default Outlook: from Exchange to stand alone version

Setup: Dell PowerEdge 600SC server with Microsoft Exchange and Windows 2000
Server. Desktops running XP and Outlook 2003 (part of MS Office 2003 Basic
Edition).

Due to circumstances we will move away from our LAN and Exchange server. So
my OL2003 will become a stand alone version that does not connect to the
Exchange server anymore. (All of my email accounts are POP accounts.)

1. I was wondering if this can be done and how? I tried a couple of searches
in Google but did not really find the answer.

2. Seconldy I have made a checklist and I was hoping for some feedback in
case I left something out?

- export messages using Genie backup and outlook contacts from exchange and
import in stand alone outlook
2003.

- same for outlook message rules

- manually create my POP email accounts in the new outlook 2003 stand alone?

Is there anything else I have to bear in mind?

TIA.

Old November 13th 06, 11:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

You can setup a fresh MAPI profile that only uses your POP3 accounts and
then export or copy your data from your Exchange mailbox to the PST file
that the new profile uses. Of course, you won't have the sharing
capabilities any longer since those require Exchange