Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook hangs upon startup for new user (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/30-outlook-hangs-upon-startup-new.html)

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] January 8th 06 04:25 AM

Outlook hangs upon startup for new user

What error message, if any, do you get in Event Viewer?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, UncleStoner asked:

UncleStoner January 9th 06 01:54 PM

Outlook hangs upon startup for new user

The only related thing I see in the event viewer is in the Application
Log: "Rejected Safe Mode action : Microsoft Office Outlook."

More details:
- If I don't have a default Mail profile, I get past the dialog that
prompts me to select one before the hang
- If I run in Safe Mode, the hang happens with the "Configuring
Account Settings" dialog displayed...it seems to be stuck on the
"Migrating Account Settings" step.
- When restarting Outlook after running in Safe Mode, I get a message
offering to do a "Detect and Repair", since launching in Safe Mode
failed. I do the "Detect and Repair" and it finishes successfully, but
the behavior is still the same the next time I start Outlook.
- I don't see anything in DebugView
- The same behavior happens for local users I created to test this.
These local users are local Administrators.