Changing Account Properties by itself???

Old January 16th 06, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
HotRod

Default Changing Account Properties by itself???

Just finished setting up a new PC for myself and I haven't added anthing
different than I normally would, however the company that made the computer
has installed a bunch of extra virus software, firewalls, Hostsman etc etc.

The problem I'm having is that something seems to be changing my email
account properties. Instead of having my POP2 server listed it changes the
value to "localhost" and then changes my login name to login/localhost

Any ideas??

Old January 16th 06, 04:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it's the antivirus software - disable outlook integration. without knowing
the software that is preinstalled, we can't help with where to find the
option other than it should be in the Antivirus software.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old January 16th 06, 04:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
HotRod

I'll have a look, I'm currently using PC-cillin 2002 so if anyone had some
application specific answers that would be great.

Old January 16th 06, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chuck Davis

"HotRod" wrote in message
Just finished setting up a new PC for myself and I haven't added anthing
different than I normally would, however the company that made the
computer has installed a bunch of extra virus software, firewalls,
Hostsman etc etc.

The problem I'm having is that something seems to be changing my email
account properties. Instead of having my POP2 server listed it changes
the value to "localhost" and then changes my login name to
login/localhost

Any ideas??

Try Trend Micro he
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...sp=10107&pn=11

Old January 17th 06, 09:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
SgtRich

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:25:23 -0500, "HotRod"
wrote:

I'll have a look, I'm currently using PC-cillin 2002 so if anyone had some
application specific answers that would be great.

My advice would be to update your version of PC-cillin.
--
SgtRich
Chicago, Illinois, USA