Can I get outlook Express still

Old October 2nd 06, 03:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy

Default Can I get outlook Express still

I have Windows Vista beta (last release) and I can't handle the duplicate
emails anymore in Outlook 2007. Also, I'm a graphic designer so the
inconsisteny in viewing image attachments or being able to rt. click and save
an embedded image is driving me crazy. Sometimes I can see the embedded
images & sometimes I can't.

Do I need to direct this question to the Windows Vista team or can you help?
Old October 2nd 06, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"Judy" wrote in message
I have Windows Vista beta (last release) and I can't handle the duplicate
emails anymore in Outlook 2007. Also, I'm a graphic designer so the
inconsisteny in viewing image attachments or being able to rt. click and
save
an embedded image is driving me crazy. Sometimes I can see the embedded
images & sometimes I can't.

Do I need to direct this question to the Windows Vista team or can you
help?

Vista has Windows Mail doesn't it - the equivalent of Outlook express?

Old October 2nd 06, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Judy

I thought so, but *NOT*. I can't format my signature using choice fonts,
colors or images. I can't get the dang preview pane working (or even open).
Express has a lot more options than the new Windows Mail.

Old October 2nd 06, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Gordon

"Judy" wrote in message
news
I thought so, but *NOT*. I can't format my signature using choice fonts,
colors or images. I can't get the dang preview pane working (or even
open).

You should't be using the preview pane - it's a security risk!

Old October 2nd 06, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
NoNoBadDog!

news

"Judy" wrote:

I have Windows Vista beta (last release) and I can't handle the duplicate
emails anymore in Outlook 2007. Also, I'm a graphic designer so the
inconsisteny in viewing image attachments or being able to rt. click and
save
an embedded image is driving me crazy. Sometimes I can see the embedded
images & sometimes I can't.

Do I need to direct this question to the Windows Vista team or can you
help?

You do not want to use the preview pane...it is a huge security risk.

Bobby

Old October 2nd 06, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

No, it is not.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, NoNoBadDog! asked:

Old October 2nd 06, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chuck Davis

The preview pane hasn't been a security risk for a long period of time.
However, folks still believe it.

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote in message

news

Old October 2nd 06, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

I know - people still refer to Outlook as a petri dish, even though it was cleaned up over 5 years ago. Some folks just like repeating this stuff because they can.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Chuck Davis asked: