Why does office turn off when I delete a message?

Old January 15th 06, 06:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DJL

Default Why does office turn off when I delete a message?

Can't offer any help but my problem is identical to yours. I keep sending
error logs to Microsoft.
DJL

"bgsr" wrote:

I thank both you and Tilly for taking the time to try to help me.
Unfortunately, neither of the solutions worked. I thought the first one did,
but after deleting a message, it waited about 60 seconds and then shut
Outlook down again. I might also mention that I have re-installed Outlook on
my desktop twice, and that didn't help. Again, thanks for your help.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

bgsr wrote:

Since I posted the original message, I installed Outlook on my laptop
and it works perfectly. This leads me to believe its a problem with
my desktop, somewhere. Where might I find these two items you said
to run...on the disk?

In Outlook, click HelpDetect and Repair for the one and StartAll
ProgramsMicrosoft Office ToolsInbox Repair Tool for the other. If you
don't have that item, search for SCANPST.EXE. For an English installation
of Office it should be in
%CommonProgramFiles%\System\MSMAPI\1033
--
Brian Tillman