individual email accounts disappear from Send/Receive drop down list

Old September 6th 06, 10:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Zana

Default individual email accounts disappear from Send/Receive drop down list

I would appreciate if someone could help me put a stop to this erratic
behavior.

On bad days, when I want to send email through one of my 6 accounts in
Outlook 2003 the whole list is GONE from the Send/Receive drop-down
options. I cannot access the inbox of any individual account. I cannot
access all inboxes of "All Accounts Group", because that option is not
there either. "Send and Receive All (F9)" and "Send All" will not work.
The only process available is INSANE.

During these crises I can only download headers. I must select each
header and mark it for download. Then I can only select "Process All
Marked Headers" to have all my email downloaded from all the accounts
(who designed this ?!?!?!). Even if I did not want them all yet!

First time the accounts disappeared I freaked out, re-created all my
email accounts just to have them disappearing a couple of days later.
When the list came back again, I went to the then functioning
Send/Receive button on the "Mail Setup" tab and left only checked
"Include this group in Send/Receive (F9)" for both All Accounts and
Offine. Although the "All Accounts Group" option was listed in the
"Send/Receive" drop down, it was not doing anything when I clicked on
it.

The only working option from the Send/Receive Settings is the last
option of the Send/Receive drop down list, "Show Progress." The check
marks only appear when clicked if all my accounts are on the
"Send/Receive" drop down list. Otherwise the "Define Send/Receive
Groups" and "Disable Send/Receive Schedule" show unchecked and will not
react when clicked.

After reinstall of Outlook 2003 I made a point to go back to the Mail
Setup/ Send/Receive button and uncheck every single box. I was
expecting that since no groups were created all the accounts set would
be listed.Sure enough the accounts disappeared again!

This has been an ongoing problem since I upgraded from Outook 2000 a
couple of months ago. I have been researching this problem without
success during these past couple of days. It does not seem to make a
difference if I re-start Outlook, or if I reboot. Just now the list
came back, which allowed me to write this.

I am running: Win XP Home, SP2, MS Office Pro 2003 SP2, IE 7 on default
setting without the anti-physhing option (the problem was there with IE
6 as well), Mail Washer Pro 4.1.7.6, Avast Antivirus 4.7 default mode,
Spybot-SD Resident default mode, Windows Firewall on a emachine M6811,
AMD Athlon 64 3400 with 1GB Ram. I am connected to the internet through
Verizon Access Manager National Access Broadband version 5.8.2.

Thanks a million

Zana

Old September 6th 06, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Zana wrote:

On bad days, when I want to send email through one of my 6 accounts in
Outlook 2003 the whole list is GONE from the Send/Receive drop-down
options. I cannot access the inbox of any individual account. I cannot
access all inboxes of "All Accounts Group", because that option is not
there either. "Send and Receive All (F9)" and "Send All" will not
work. The only process available is INSANE.

If I were you, I'd try the following, one at a time, with Outlook closed:

1) Delete the file %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\yourprofilename.srs
2) Create a new profile, pointing it at your existing PST(s). The Office
Save My Settings wizard should allow you to save and restore your accounts
if it's difficult to recreate them manually.
--
Brian Tillman