Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   How to get a Dial-up Connection dialog box? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/25810-how-get-dial-up-connection.html)

Friday714 September 1st 06 03:52 PM

How to get a Dial-up Connection dialog box?

I just got Outlook 2003 with new laptop which I carry back and forth to
work. I use the same ISP at both locations, but with different dial-up phone
numbers. When I launch Internet Explorer, I get a "Dial-up Connection"
dialog box that lets me select which phone number to use. I want to get that
same dialog box if I'm not already online and I launch Outlook 2003, but I
can't figure out a way to get Outlook to give it to me. I had Outlook
Express on my old laptop, and it gave me the same dialog box as IE. Is that
function no longer available?
--
Friday714

Mary September 1st 06 08:02 PM

How to get a Dial-up Connection dialog box?

Forgot to mention--in your mail acct setup, under More Settings, Connections
tab has more acct connections choices. You might need to set up Dial
whenever...etc.

Brian Tillman September 5th 06 02:24 PM

Friday714 wrote:

I just got Outlook 2003 with new laptop which I carry back and forth
to work. I use the same ISP at both locations, but with different
dial-up phone numbers. When I launch Internet Explorer, I get a
"Dial-up Connection" dialog box that lets me select which phone
number to use. I want to get that same dialog box if I'm not already
online and I launch Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out a way to get
Outlook to give it to me. I had Outlook Express on my old laptop,
and it gave me the same dialog box as IE. Is that function no longer
available?

I find it helpful to configure Outlook to always use the LAN setting
(ToolsE-mail AccountsNext. Select your account, click Change, then More
Settings, and click the Connection tab) or to choose "Connect using Internet
Explorer's or a 3rd party dialer".
--
Brian Tillman