Help with Gmail

Old September 1st 06, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
laura

Default Help with Gmail

I have tried to connect my gmail account to Outlook 2002. When i click the
"test account settings" button, an error shows up that tells me "Sent test
email message: Unable to sent test Message. Please verify the email address
field."
I am positive that the email address is typed in correctly, so whhy the
error?!
Thank in advance.
Old September 1st 06, 10:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
CreloX

Hello Laura

You could try the autoconfiguration tool for Gmail. You can find it here
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...e=f&ctx=search

CreloX

The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not "Eureka, I found it!" ... but ... "Hey, that's
funny!"
Isaac Asimov

Old September 1st 06, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
laura

i have tried this link before. after i complete the configuration wizard
provided, nothing happens. WHen i try manually configuring, the error i
mentioned before shows up....any suggestions?

Old September 5th 06, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Laura wrote:

i have tried this link before. after i complete the configuration
wizard provided, nothing happens. WHen i try manually configuring,
the error i mentioned before shows up....any suggestions?

Have you enabled the option on the gmail server to allow POP/SMTP access to
your gmail account there?
--
Brian Tillman

Old September 6th 06, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
laura

Yes, i have
Old September 7th 06, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Agent_C

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:49:02 -0700, Laura
wrote:

I am positive that the email address is typed in correctly, so whhy the
error?!

It's way more than just entering the email address.

Make sure your settings match these:

Incoming server: POP.GMAIL.COM
Outgoing server: SMTP.GMAIL.COM

Under 'More settings'...
'Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication - YES
'Use same settings as my incoming server' - YES

Under 'Advanced'...

Server port numbers:
Incoming server (POP3): 995
Outgoing server (SMTP: 465

'This server required an encrypted connection (SSL) - YES.

Confirm that *ALL* of the above setting match yours before you hit the
'Test Account Settings' button.

A_C

Old September 7th 06, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steven

I have done wverything adviced to Laura, no results. I bought this new
computer today, installed the outlook 2002, nd cant send messages. Please
help.

Steven

Old September 7th 06, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Agent_C

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:16:01 -0700, steven
wrote:

I have done wverything adviced to Laura, no results. I bought this new
computer today, installed the outlook 2002, nd cant send messages. Please
help.

Assuming that you're trying to configure Outlook (2000 or later) for
Gmail access, perhaps the following screen captures will help:

http://tinyurl.com/z4o85
http://tinyurl.com/huehd
http://tinyurl.com/eraeq

Before doing any of this, make doubly sure you've logged on to your
Gmail account at http://www.gmail.com and enabled POP3 access.

Then, open up Outlook… Go up to 'Tools' / E-Mail Accounts and select
'Add a new email account'.

Use the settings I previously posted and if you do everything
correctly, you should be able to send and receive mail through the
Gmail servers.

If you can't, please be very specific. What message is Outlook
returning, etc.

A_C

Old September 7th 06, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Steven

Hello A-C,

Actually I am installing everything as it is installed in my old laptop,
step by step. I can send messages from my old laptop, and I can't do it from
the new one.
I have done everything as adviced, but when I test the accounts a message
appears: "Sent test email message: Unable to sent test Message. Please verify
the email address field."

Thanks for any advice you could give me,

Steven

Old September 8th 06, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
laura

I have done all this and I am still getting the same error as I mentioned
above!! I cant understand it! I need help! Thanks