Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Upgrade O97 pst to 2003 Unicode PST (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/24572-upgrade-o97-pst-2003-unicode.html)

Jack August 21st 06 07:57 PM

Upgrade O97 pst to 2003 Unicode PST

Hi,

I upgraded my Outlook to 2003 and simply copied my O97 pst. Now I have
learned that the new version of Outlook gets rid of the 2gig limit.

My question is how to efficiently convert the old version to the new.
Could someone give me the steps?

1) Create a new data file and import or
2) Create a new data file and copy from within Outlook

3) Is there a way that can preserve the dates of the emails?

4) What is the process to change which folder gets the pop mail...I
can't find the article I used to see in the MS support site.

Thanks,
Jack

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] August 21st 06 08:17 PM

Upgrade O97 pst to 2003 Unicode PST

Use method 2 and question 3 is renedered irrelevant since copying does not
change any data.

Tools-Options-Mail Setup-Account-View or Change - set your default
delivery location using the dropdown..

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Jack asked:

Brian Tillman August 21st 06 08:52 PM

Jack wrote:

My question is how to efficiently convert the old version to the new.
Could someone give me the steps?

1) Create a new data file and import or
2) Create a new data file and copy from within Outlook

The second of these. You can also use
http://www.maclean.com/upstart/index.html

3) Is there a way that can preserve the dates of the emails?

Choice 2 above will preserve dates.

4) What is the process to change which folder gets the pop mail...I
can't find the article I used to see in the MS support site.

POP mail will always be delivered to your default delivery location,
specified at the bottom of ToolsE-mail AccountsNext.
--
Brian Tillman

Jack August 22nd 06 09:18 PM

Upgrade O97 pst to 2003 Unicode PST

What about all the Rules that I have setup. Will those get exported
also?
Jack

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] August 23rd 06 02:23 AM

Upgrade O97 pst to 2003 Unicode PST

OL 97 rules are in a separate file with a .rwz extension - rules in 2002 and
later are contained in the .pst file, so, you will have to export them
separately and import them into the new Outlook installation.