Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/23927-outlook-express-6-more-i.html)

[email protected] August 15th 06 12:00 PM

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets

In Outlook Express 6 I have many Identities setup.

I have thousands of e-mails dating back years.

The space consumed by all these e-mails is over 2GB

Quite a lot of space.

I decided to delete a lot of unwanted e-mails and clutter to reduce the
amount of space consumed.

But to my my surprise instead of solving the issue it made the overall
size consumed bigger and not small.

It is seems that in Outlook Express 6 the e-mails have gone but in
reality the files are still in the Outlook Express 6 folders.

Can anybody help me with this.

The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] August 15th 06 12:15 PM

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in
one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlooke xpress for OE 5.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlook express for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgro...-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found he
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

ps.com...