i get a message that says outlook addins are missing-syntax prob

Old January 14th 06, 06:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
bilbobo

Default i get a message that says outlook addins are missing-syntax prob

Wehn I open outlook I get a series of pop-up messages that say various
extension configuration files cannot be opened. They all seem to be
add-ins-it goes on to say that there is an error or format prob in the syntax
of the files.
I am having a general prob with outlook-if I try to add items to calendar
they cannot be saved-says low memory or system resources. But lots of memory
available
Old January 16th 06, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

bilbobo wrote:

Wehn I open outlook I get a series of pop-up messages that say various
extension configuration files cannot be opened. They all seem to be
add-ins-it goes on to say that there is an error or format prob in
the syntax of the files.
I am having a general prob with outlook-if I try to add items to
calendar they cannot be saved-says low memory or system resources.
But lots of memory available

Check ToolsOptionsOtherAdvanced OptionsCOM Add-Ins and Add-In Manager
--
Brian Tillman
Old January 16th 06, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
bilbobo

Default i get a message that says outlook addins are missing-syntax pr

Thanks, but I already tried that. When i go to add in manager and click on
add ins it says they have a syntax problem and refuse to open. Com addins is
empty.

Old January 16th 06, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

bilbobo wrote:

Thanks, but I already tried that. When i go to add in manager and
click on add ins it says they have a syntax problem and refuse to
open. Com addins is empty.

WIth Outlook closed, delete %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\Extend.dat. Also,
check the registry keys under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outloo k\AddIns and
KKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlo ok\AddIns
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 22nd 06, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
bilbobo

Sorry, I'm just a normal PC user. How do I find %appdata% -in regedit? and if
so where? ANd what should I be looking for in registry keys? I'm sure this
must seem stupid but appreciate your help

Old January 23rd 06, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

bilbobo wrote:

Sorry, I'm just a normal PC user. How do I find %appdata% -in
regedit?

No, in Windows (not Internet) Explorer. Open Windows Explorer and in the
Address field enter

%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook

Click Go. You should see Extend.dat in the contents pane (right side) of
Explorer.

ANd what should I be looking for in registry keys?

You said you were getting a series of pop-ups that mentioned certain files.
Look for those files.
--
Brian Tillman