Outlook 2007 Beta Catastrophic Failure

Old July 31st 06, 04:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tibelian

Default Outlook 2007 Beta Catastrophic Failure

Hi all,

I have bee having problems with my Outlook 2007 Beta failing to start open -
running WinXP Home with 1.25Gigs Ram. All other Office 2007 components work
OK.

The flash screen comes on - the outline of Outlook itself comes on and then
everything just disappears. Outlook continues to be seen in the system tray
on the bottom right - but as soon as I hover over it - it disappears. If I
click Outlook again - the option to launch Safe Mode comes up. When I say
yes - the same thing happens - flash screen -- blue outline for Outlook --
and Poof! The third time I click - an option for "detect and repair" mode
comes up.

This began after I installed Outlook Connector for Office Live Email. But
everything just crashed.

Removal and re-installation after reboot did NOT help. After re-installation
a popup with Failed to launch mscon.dll comes up. After installing Outlook
Connector - the popup goes away, but Outlook 2007 continues to crash every
time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tibelian

Old July 31st 06, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Uninstall the Outlook connector and get a newer version.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Tibelian asked:

Old August 1st 06, 02:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Tibelian

Thanks Milly for your suggestion.

However it is not working.

I uninstalled Outlook Connector and re-installed it again from the Office
Live Email website. Same problem. Outlook 2007 starts -- Flash Screen --
Outlook appears for a moment -- Poof.. disappears.

Any ideas on whats going on?

- Tibelian

Old August 1st 06, 03:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

One word = BETA. Not everything works as expected.

If/when you find a feature working/not working as expected in the Office
2007 Beta release, please use the "send a smile" link to notify the Office
Beta team of your concern. Link is at the end of this message.
Include screenshots and comments to explain your concerns. Also, if you
wish, include your contact details if you don't mind being contacted by
Microsoft for follow-up. All "Smileys" are read and tracked by the beta
team to improve Office 2007 for usability and stability.

You can also send positive smileys as well as concerns.

Old August 1st 06, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Did you create a new mail profile? That's recommended after installing the new version of the Outlook Connector from http://g.msn.com/0CR1033/3.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old August 1st 06, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
-Alias-

How to work for Microsoft and not get paid:

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
One word = BETA. Not everything works as expected.

If/when you find a feature working/not working as expected in the Office
2007 Beta release, please use the "send a smile" link to notify the Office
Beta team of your concern. Link is at the end of this message.
Include screenshots and comments to explain your concerns. Also, if you
wish, include your contact details if you don't mind being contacted by
Microsoft for follow-up. All "Smileys" are read and tracked by the beta
team to improve Office 2007 for usability and stability.

I'm sure that MS is all *smileys* that they have millions of people
testing their software for free.

You can also send positive smileys as well as concerns.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

If MS would just improve the first Office instead of churning out "new"
versions, they would not need BETA testers.

Alias
Old August 1st 06, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

All of whom freely chose to do so. Are you contending people shouldn't have that choice?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old August 1st 06, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
-Alias-

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
All of whom freely chose to do so. Are you contending people shouldn't have that choice?

Of course not. Did I say that? Many freely voted for the cowboy in the
White House. Not too bright, IMHO, and neither is working for MS for free.

Any thoughts on this, that you snipped?:

If MS would just improve the first Office instead of churning out "new"
versions, they would not need BETA testers.

Alias

-- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook
Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "-Alias-" wrote
in message ...

Old August 1st 06, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

-Alias- wrote:

If MS would just improve the first Office instead of churning out
"new" versions, they would not need BETA testers.

Why do you not consider "improving" churning out a new version? Where is
the line, in your opinion, between improving something and reissuing it?
How many improvements does it take to consider it a "new" version?
--
Brian Tillman

Old August 1st 06, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
-Alias-

Brian Tillman wrote:
-Alias- wrote:

If MS would just improve the first Office instead of churning out
"new" versions, they would not need BETA testers.

Why do you not consider "improving" churning out a new version? Where
is the line, in your opinion, between improving something and reissuing
it? How many improvements does it take to consider it a "new" version?

Are you saying they'll never be able to get it right? I'm happy with O2K
and see no need to buy OXP or any of the other versions. I'm happy with
the idea that I won't have to shell out a grand for the next "version"
for my three computers every two years. It's not just MS that uses
people to test their newfangled software. All of them do it. Heaven
forbid they should make software that's so good that it stands the test
of time rather than have to be continually tested.

Alias