Additional br tags being inserted in HTML outbound emails

Old July 27th 06, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chuck B

Default Additional br tags being inserted in HTML outbound emails

I have a user who is having additonal br tags embedded into her outgoing
emails. Apparently the br tags are only inserted into the body of incoming
HTML formatted emails that she is replying to. I believe that her HTML
editor defaults to MS Word but I don't have a clue as to what's happening
behind the scenes.

I figure the problem might be either with Word or possibly something in the
Exchange server (which I know very little about). My bet would be on Word
but at this point the simple fix is to have her do her emails in RTF which
circumvents the problem.

While this band-aid works, I'd still like to know what's going on to avoid
having it bite us in the ass at a later date.

Anybody ever run across this particular problem and found a fix?

Old July 28th 06, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Word mangles HTML either when used as an HTML editor or as WordMail for HTML
emails.

Take a look at some HTML creates and how it mangles the original and reply
HTML in emails to see what I mean. Take some email and save it as an HTML
file. Open an email replied to by Word and select File, Save As. Make sure
to save it as an htm file. Do the same with the original email. Then open
both in Notepad and see the differences.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old July 28th 06, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Chuck B

Thanks for the info Ken. Are you aware of a fix or workaround that'll allow
the users to use HTML without the mangling?

Old July 28th 06, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Ignore it or don't use Word.

--
Ken Slovak