Normal users unable to open JPG files (Power users can)

Old July 24th 06, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan

Default Normal users unable to open JPG files (Power users can)

Hi All,

I have a problem whereby users who are set up with normal user status
on their machines cannot open JPEG files, but if we make them a power
user on their computer they can then open JPG files fine.

I found this posting in this group from Jun 2003 that partially
addresses the issue:

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/mic...ad6fd ee97e62

OR

http://tinyurl.com/ew8gf

The advice in there is to change the user to a power user, associate
JPG / JPEG file extensions with an appropriate image viewer, then
take them back to a normal user.

However, this does not seem to work for me. I have done those steps,
and there is definitely an association set up since they can open JPG
files in Outlook no problem as a power user, but as soon as I change
them back to a normal user, they can't open them any more.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks,

Alan.

else associated with me.

My current valid email address is:

email address.

ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

Old July 25th 06, 03:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Inline -

"Alan" wrote in message

Hi All,

I have a problem whereby users who are set up with normal user status on
their machines cannot open JPEG files, but if we make them a power user on
their computer they can then open JPG files fine.

Note that you've posted this in an Outlook newsgroup; I suggest you repost
this in a group for your OS. Include the exact text of any error messages
they get, to help others help you.

Old July 25th 06, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Alan

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
ahoo.com wrote in
message ...
Inline -

--

My apologies - I was not paying enough attention to where I was when I
posted.

I will leave now ;-)