Outlook Rules Not Always Working

Old July 19th 06, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default Outlook Rules Not Always Working

Anyone with feedback on how to resolve this would be appreciated.
I have set up rules in Outlook to divert EMails sent to our corporate
Help Desk to a folder I have set up in Outlook called "Help Desk".
Some exceptions have been set up within the rules - EMails sent to Help
Desk from certain companies [my customers] are not diverted as I want
them to come into my Inbox. This setup worked fine until a couple of
weeks ago when it stopped working completely. Aside from un-installing
& re-loading Outlook completely we have done just about everything. We
deleted the rules & re-did them from scratch 3 or 4 times previously
with no success. Yesterday, I tried it one more time & it worked
partially- it seems the rules are diverting "most" of the EMails
I want it to, but not all. It seems to be filtering most of them but
not all of them & we can't figure out why. We checked my Profile -
no problem there - and went into my EMail Account through webmail and
made changes to my rules - those changes propagated through correctly
to my regular account - as they should. We also did a "repair" on
Outlook. All rules are server side rules & if we make them
"client-side" they still do not work. If anyone can provide feedback
on how to correct this it would be appreciated.

Old July 20th 06, 10:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Oliver Vukovics

Hi Ed,

sometimes it helps if the last setting of a rule is: ...implement no further
rules.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

ups.com...