Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Moving stuff to HD (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/19879-moving-stuff-hd.html)

Brian Tillman July 6th 06 02:41 PM

Moving stuff to HD

spondee wrote:

Is there a way to move entire folders to HD (I can't help it, outlook
express crashed on me soo many times & I lost so much stuff; just want
it on HD!)

Your Outlook data already is on your hard drive. Where would it be
otherwise? You can't see it if it's not on your PC, unless you're using a
web interface.

If you want to make backups of your Outlook data, see this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman July 7th 06 02:17 PM

Moving stuff to HD

spondee wrote:

Obviously I didn't express myself clearly, I wish to move (or copy)
folders OUT of Outlook (.pst) to a section of My Documents on my C
Drive.

Definitely an poor way to create a backup.

I still have an entire year of emails missing from the last time a
.pst got corrupted (as well as it's back ups!). would rather not do
that again.

PST corruption is highly unlikely if proper care is taken while making
backups.
--
Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman July 10th 06 03:18 PM

Moving stuff to HD

spondee wrote:

But it CAN & does happen.

It could happen with what you do as well. I've been using Outlook for years
and have never had a problem with any PST because I'm careful.

And none of this answers my question about copy or moving folders OUT
of Outlook...

You can't move folders out of Outlook. No one who wants mail to work
properly would.
--
Brian Tillman