Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   How to use "mailto" for more than one person? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/19440-how-use-mailto-more-than.html)

StargateFanFromWork June 30th 06 07:50 PM

How to use "mailto" for more than one person?

When one puts an email address in this format:
, as everyone usu. knows, when a person
clicks on that link, a new compose window opens up and the addressee is
automaticlaly dumped into the TO box.

Is there a way to put a link like this but with the address of more than one
person? I tried:
,emailaddress2@s omething.com, and
,
but one address seems to always get bumped off.

Thanks. :oD

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] June 30th 06 08:06 PM

How to use "mailto" for more than one person?

Do you have the option checked to allow commas as address separators?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, StargateFanFromWork asked:

StargateFanFromWork June 30th 06 08:17 PM

How to use "mailto" for more than one person?

I didn't think to check, thanks. I never knew where to set that as at home,
where I usu. use commas in this way, the default is selected. When I went
looking here, I found that this option is _not_ checked (under TOOLS
OPTIONS EMAIL OPTIONS ADVANCED EMAIL OPTIONS button tick "Allow comma
as address separator"). Weird. I'll remember this for future, though.

vbg Thank you so much, that works perfectly now! I put a recurring
reminder in my calendar to send an email to various people once a week and
the link now works! g

Cheers! :oD

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] June 30th 06 09:18 PM

How to use "mailto" for more than one person?

Great news, glad it works now. However, you might want to use a task to do
this since calendar viewing space can be limited.