Outlook Error

Old June 30th 06, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Default Outlook Error

I am getting an error from Outlook 2003. It seems to happen at random times
but always seem to be during attempts to send/receive email. The error does
not happen every time. The error seems to occur every hour or 2, even
though I do a send/receive every 5 minutes. I tried doing a repair and it
did not help. I then did an uninstall and a new install and that did not
help. I then created a new profile and that did not help. The error does
not always occur on the same email account (I have 10 accounts, but have
experimented with less accounts).

When the windows error message pops up and I view the error message it
shows:

Error signature

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer:11.0.8010.0 AppStamp:43d16d53
ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:411096b4
fdebug: 0 Offset: 00064ed1

Does anyone have any ideas on fixing the problem?

Thanks,
Neil

Old June 30th 06, 06:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

It would help if you posted the exact error message, rather than the error
signature.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, asked:

Old June 30th 06, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

how many accounts are you checking? try raising the check time to 8 -10 min
and see if it helps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

. net...

Old June 30th 06, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Diane,

While I am checking 10 accounts, I do not have that much mail and it
probably takes less than a minute to get thru all accounts. I guess I will
raise it but I don't believe that is the problem.

Neil

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
how many accounts are you checking? try raising the check time to 8 -10
min and see if it helps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

. net...

Old June 30th 06, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

if it happens most often during send and receives, it's either the frequency
or a bad S/R group - you can try deleting the *.srs file and see if that
helps but I do know that frequent checks, especially if you have a lot of
accounts and more than 4 on the same server will cause problems and crash
mapi.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

wrote in message
k.net...
Diane,

While I am checking 10 accounts, I do not have that much mail and it
probably takes less than a minute to get thru all accounts. I guess I
will raise it but I don't believe that is the problem.

Neil

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
how many accounts are you checking? try raising the check time to 8 -10
min and see if it helps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

. net...

Old June 30th 06, 07:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

Diane,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have changed the automatic send/receive to
every 10 minutes and also deleted the .srs file. Unfortunately, I do not
believe that this SRS change will be helpful since I previously created a
new profile (which in turn created a new srs file) and that did not help.

Also, the error occurs ONLY during a send/receive and I believe it is always
on the receive portion when I get the message.

If you have any other suggestions I would appreciate them.

wrote in message
k.net...
Diane,

While I am checking 10 accounts, I do not have that much mail and it
probably takes less than a minute to get thru all accounts. I guess I
will raise it but I don't believe that is the problem.

Neil

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
how many accounts are you checking? try raising the check time to 8 -10
min and see if it helps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

. net...

Old June 30th 06, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

I don't know if it is related or a separate problem, but I have a PocketPC
which I sync with Outlook using ActiveSync. It usually works fine but
sometimes when I connect up, it logs me on as a guest and not as a
partnership. If I disconnect and then reconnect, it may log me on as a
guest again or as a partnership.

Neil

wrote in message
k.net...
Diane,

While I am checking 10 accounts, I do not have that much mail and it
probably takes less than a minute to get thru all accounts. I guess I
will raise it but I don't believe that is the problem.

Neil

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
how many accounts are you checking? try raising the check time to 8 -10
min and see if it helps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

. net...

Old July 2nd 06, 02:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Guest

I changed my account setup to only send/receive on 5 email accounts and
changed the automatically setting to 15 minutes. I am still getting the
same error message.

I would appreciate any advise on fixing.

Neil

k.net...

wrote in message
k.net...
Diane,

While I am checking 10 accounts, I do not have that much mail and it
probably takes less than a minute to get thru all accounts. I guess I
will raise it but I don't believe that is the problem.

Neil

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote in message
how many accounts are you checking? try raising the check time to
8 -10 min and see if it helps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?