Outlook 2003 and Firefox

Old June 22nd 06, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Outlook 2003 and Firefox

John wrote:

I recently started using Firefox as my default browser. I have changed
all defaults from IE 6 to Firefox, however, Outlook is the only
program that refuses to make the switch.

I've checked Program Access and Defaults, and while Firefox is not
mentioned specifically, I have it set to use "Current Browser" rather
than IE6. I set Firefox as my default within Firefox, and "make sure
it's set as default." I changed IE to NOT be the default within IE.

What other settings do I need to make to keep IE from opening within
Outlook? This has been so frustrating.

Did you change the file type associations for the "URL:HyperText Transfer
Protocol" and "URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy" file types?
--
Brian Tillman

Old June 23rd 06, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

John wrote:

No I didn't. Do I add these as NEW as they aren't listed there
currently? URL is listed, and Firefox is the default, but I should add
these two also?

To the best of my knowledge, they should already be there.

I'm also going to try resetting the default in IE, then letting
Firefox re-establish it's default. This was mentioned by someone else,
and hopefully one of these solutions will work.

You might want to visit this as well:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm
--
Brian Tillman