Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   The file Normal.dot already exists (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/18312-file-normal-dot-already-exists.html)

Ron Boetger June 20th 06 03:20 AM

The file Normal.dot already exists

When closing Word 2003, a msg pops up: "The file Normal.dot already
exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" If I choose Yes,
it closes. If I choose No, it prompts me to save. When I cancel, it
goes back to the blank document screen. If I click close
again..."Changes have been made that affect the global template,
Normal.dot. Do you want to save those changes?" Word closes if I
choose Yes or No.

An Ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Ron

Diane Poremsky [MVP] June 20th 06 04:22 AM

The file Normal.dot already exists

disable word addins - most likely the acrobat addin, but it could be another
if you don't have acrobat.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Ron Boetger June 22nd 06 03:00 AM

The file Normal.dot already exists

I have already done that!! No good I have no addins enabled.

Any other ideas