How do I get Outlook Address Book Contacts into the 'To' window

Old June 13th 06, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Laphan

Default How do I get Outlook Address Book Contacts into the 'To' window

Hi All

You are going to have to bare with me on this, as I can't explain it any
other way.

In essence, user is using Outlook 2000 (possibly 97 couldn't check at the
time) on an XP machine and they have created a number of contacts in the
Contacts section of Outlook.

Problem is that when they do a new message and click the 'To' button they
can't get these contacts to appear in any of the lists that appear, eg
Global Address List, All Contacts, etc.

They do have a lot of contacts in this window, but these appear to be stored
in their Exchange part of the system, as these contacts all appear in the
Global Address List and not in the Contacts section of Outlook. For your
ref, they only have MS Exchange installed as a service, as they are
connected to an outside network for their emails.

Looking at another machine's outlook, which is on the exact same network,
the only difference is that this machine ALSO has:

Outlook Address Book
Contacts

available in the 'To' button's list and the contacts that appear in the
Contacts section of this machine's Outlook are all listed in the above
Contacts option.

My question therefore is how do I get the Outlook Address Book/Contacts part
into the other machine's 'To:' window?

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Laphan

Old June 13th 06, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

In Tools | Services, add the Outlook Address book to the user's mail profile.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old June 13th 06, 09:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Good memory! My that's been a long time ago.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old June 13th 06, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Franky M.

Right click that Contacts folder (the one that does not appear in the To...)
Properties Outlook Address Book
and make sure you have CHECK on "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book".

Let us know if this is it.

Old June 13th 06, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Brian Tillman

Laphan wrote:

You are going to have to bare with me on this,

Isn't it a little cold for that? However, we can certainly bear with you.

In essence, user is using Outlook 2000 (possibly 97 couldn't check at
the time) on an XP machine and they have created a number of contacts
in the Contacts section of Outlook.

Problem is that when they do a new message and click the 'To' button
they can't get these contacts to appear in any of the lists that
appear, eg Global Address List, All Contacts, etc.

Add the Outlook Address Book service in ToolsServices
--
Brian Tillman
Old June 14th 06, 04:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Chuck Davis

Brian,

Cold? It's 8:20 in the evening and it's still 92 degrees (F) here in
southern Nevada!

Old June 14th 06, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Brian Tillman

Chuck Davis newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote:

Cold? It's 8:20 in the evening and it's still 92 degrees (F) here in
southern Nevada!

I'd still rather "bare" alone.
--
Brian Tillman