Importing contacts from 2003 to 2000...

Old June 13th 06, 03:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mikey

Default Importing contacts from 2003 to 2000...

I have a customer who has 3 computers they work on between home & 2
different companies they own. They would like to have the same contacts
on all 3. The trouble is that one of them is running Office 2000, while
the other 2, including the one with the "master" contacts, are running
Offie 2003. I'm getting an error message when trying to import or open
the pst file in Outlook 2000.
How can I do this?
Thanks-

Old June 13th 06, 04:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

And that error message is???

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Mikey asked:

Old June 13th 06, 04:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Luckett

Without knowing the exact error message, it's tough to say. My guess would
be that the "master" PST was created using the newer PST format and Outlook
2000 is unable to read it.

--
John

ups.com...

Old June 13th 06, 10:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

One of the many reasons you never use export or import to transfer Outlook
data. Outlook 2003 will create a file incompatible with earlier versions.
You must create a compatible PST file and copy the contacts into it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
ups.com...

Old June 13th 06, 09:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Oh, ick. Lose even more data.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Peter Durkee" wrote in message
Or if you want to use export/import, do it with a CSV file.

-Peter

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
One of the many reasons you never use export or import to transfer
Outlook data. Outlook 2003 will create a file incompatible with earlier
versions. You must create a compatible PST file and copy the contacts
into it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
ups.com...

Old June 14th 06, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mike

Thanks-
Creating a new 97-2002 compatible pst file did the trick.
I copied addresses to that & then copied from there to Outlook 2003.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
Oh, ick. Lose even more data.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Peter Durkee" wrote in message
Or if you want to use export/import, do it with a CSV file.

-Peter

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
One of the many reasons you never use export or import to transfer
Outlook data. Outlook 2003 will create a file incompatible with earlier
versions. You must create a compatible PST file and copy the contacts
into it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]