Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Will not send attachments (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/17375-will-not-send-attachments.html)

Victoria June 9th 06 09:07 PM

Will not send attachments

When I send an email with an attachment outlook continually attempts to send
it but it won't send. Attachments will send from my computer in oulook on
another user screen. I have worked on this problem for countless hours so
PLEASE someone help! Thanks.
--
Victoria

Scott Atkins[MSFT] June 11th 06 03:36 PM

Will not send attachments

Hi Victoria,

Are you unable to send any attachments from this machine, are do you only have this problem with large attachments? As a basic troubleshooting step, I recommend that you
temporarily disable any anti-virus and firewall programs on your machine to see if they are responsible.

If you still have the problem after tha, try creating a new Outlook profile and test. Please perform the following steps to create a new profile.

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click Mail.
3. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
4. On the General tab, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
5. In the Profile Name box, type a descriptive name for the new e-mail profile, and then click OK.
6. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
7. Click the appropriate server type for your new e-mail account, and then click Next.
8. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
9. Click Finish, and then click OK.

For more information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:

829918 How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support