Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Preventing Names in Drop-Down Address Shortcut List After Sending Mass Mailings (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/17372-preventing-names-drop-down-address.html)

Diane Poremsky [MVP] June 9th 06 05:26 PM

Preventing Names in Drop-Down Address Shortcut List After Sending Mass Mailings

no, not easily. in your case, I would try renaming the autocomplete cache
before doing a mass mail and then deleting the new one and renaming the old
one back. You will need to close outlook to do this.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"TC" wrote in message
I have to send out mass mailings, using Outlook 2003, for a
professional organization I'm involved with. After sending out these
mailings, the e-mail addresses for all of the people on the mass
mailing list show up in the drop-down e-mail address list that
appears when I start typing into the "To" field when sending a new
e-mail.

After each mass mailing, I have to type through each letter in the
alphabet in the To box, deleting all of the addresses I don't want, so
that I can have easy shortcuts to the people to whom I frequently send
e-mails.

Is there any way to prevent the e-mail addresses from the mass mailing
list from being added to this drop-down shortcut box?

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

TC