Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/16218-outlook-2007-purge-deleted-items.html)

[email protected] May 30th 06 03:54 AM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

I just set up an IMAP account in Outlook 2007 and have marked several
items for deletion. However, when I click Purge, nothing happens. The
messages stay where they are and Outlook acts like nothing has been
clicked. Ideas?

Thanks,
Chase

Patrick Schmid May 30th 06 04:36 AM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

Are you trying to purge the current folder or the entire IMAP account?
Do you have a filter activated that hides deleted messages?

oups.com:

Chase May 30th 06 04:43 AM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

Nevermind. I upgraded from Outlook 2003 and had a button on my toolbar
for "Purge Deleted Items." This button was not functional, but when I
went to the edit menu and selecte to Purge the items, it worked. So I
just deleted the old button and created a new one. Must've changed the
way purges are handled in 2007.

Vanguard May 30th 06 06:00 AM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just set up an IMAP account in Outlook 2007 and have marked several
items for deletion. However, when I click Purge, nothing happens. The
messages stay where they are and Outlook acts like nothing has been
clicked. Ideas?

That betaware has its own support forums at:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...ewsgroups.mspx

Patrick Schmid May 30th 06 06:04 AM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

Which points to these public newsgroups. The question was asked in the
correct place

"Vanguard" wrote in message
:

oups.com...

Vanguard May 30th 06 10:37 AM

"Vanguard" wrote:

That betaware has its own support forums at:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...ewsgroups.mspx

Guess the webnews service was out of sync when I looked since the list
of headers didn't match up with the latest headers when using the
Microsoft NNTP server. Yep, you're right. What a deal. Foist the
betaware support on non-beta users. And, of course, it wasn't
misleading at all that Microsoft showed the navlinks at that page as
"2007 Microsoft Office System - Community" (notice the "2007") which
was found by first going to
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx for Office 2007 and
clicking on the "Microsoft Office Beta Community" link (notice the
"Beta"). More disinformation from Microsoft.

Microsoft doesn't provide groups focused on their betaware rather than
dilute the posts into groups that cover all released versions? Figures.

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.

Patrick Schmid May 30th 06 01:24 PM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

Microsoft doesn't provide groups focused on their betaware rather than
dilute the posts into groups that cover all released versions? Figures.

There are still the private beta newsgroups for all the technical beta
testers. And all tech beta members are highly encouraged to post there.

Vanguard May 31st 06 07:41 AM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

"Patrick Schmid" wrote in message
Microsoft doesn't provide groups focused on their betaware rather
than dilute the posts into groups that cover all released versions?
Figures.

There are still the private beta newsgroups for all the technical beta
testers. And all tech beta members are highly encouraged to post
there.

That's what I was looking for when I went to their web pages for their
betaware. Maybe I missed it. I'm assuming by "private" that you mean
the microsoft.private.* groups (versus the microsoft.public.* groups).
Is there a web page showing what group(s) to use for their Office
betaware and how to connect (I had to supply login credentials for the
private MS Antispyware group so I figure the other private groups also
require logging in).

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.

Patrick Schmid May 31st 06 07:51 AM

Outlook 2007: Purge Deleted Items doesn't work

Actually the private beta newsgroups are microsoft.beta.office12.*
Access to them is restricted to the 10,000 members of the technical beta
of Office 12. If you were in the tech beta, you'd know ;) (You'd also
have access to betaplace and could submit bugs).
The other 490,000 users (500,000 Beta 2 copies were downloaded after a
few days) get to use these public newsgroups here...

Patrick

: