.pst file too BIG!!??

Old February 27th 06, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
exciter

Default .pst file too BIG!!??

Hi people,

I need, rather urgent, help.
In my memosry stick I carry Outlook's pst files to be syncronized between
home and office computers.
The problem is that there is .pst file which takes 19MB of space on my
memory stick.
The name of the file is "kubnw9.uvt.nl-00000004.pst" and its belongs to an
IMAP type of account
(i.e. it belongs to the email server of the university I work in).
what surprises me is the 19MB of space allocated for this pst file because
in the regarding folders
I have almost no emails (I have deleted all emails with the thought that I
may regain some space).
Then why this pst file is so big? And is there a way I acn reduce this size;
if so how?
Shall I maybe try to remove the account and reestablish it so that maybe
somethings reset and
I will regain some space?
Could you pleae help on this, otherwise my meory stick will run out space
and I will be in trouble
(buying a ms with a larger capacity is no option for me right now for some
reasons)
Thank you in advance.

Old February 27th 06, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
K. Orland

Is this an archive PST file? If not, did you verify that perhaps you have
large attachments?
--
Kathleen Orland
Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light