How to set outlook security to allow outside program to send email

Old May 24th 06, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Warren

Default How to set outlook security to allow outside program to send email

I have an application that uses MAPI to call outlook to send out email to a
list of recipients that it pulls out from a database. The new outlooks
(since 2002) do not let my application to send out email. How can I set the
outlook to trust my application to send email and not to pop up a warning
message?

Old May 24th 06, 10:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
news.microsoft.com

Good Evening Warren
If you are operating in an exchange enviroment , you can use the method in
the following KB article,
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263297

Regards
Paul

Old May 24th 06, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

See this: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm
and this: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
--
Brian Tillman
Old May 25th 06, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Blessing

"Warren" wrote in message
I have an application that uses MAPI to call outlook to send out email to
list of recipients that it pulls out from a database. The new outlooks
(since 2002) do not let my application to send out email. How can I set
the
outlook to trust my application to send email and not to pop up a warning
message?

The good news is that I have read a press release somewhere (sorry, forgot
where) which says that in OL 2007, it is possible to disable the Outlook
Security if you have up-to-date AV software. Hurray!

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

Old May 25th 06, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Warren

Hi, Paul,

I will not know what email service will be used. The email service provider
can be different among the users of that MAPI application. Do you mean that
has to be done in the exchange server?

All I know is that my computers have outlook and use email services from the
DSL service provider. One of my computer has outlook 2000 and the MAPI
application can send emails; another one has outlook 2003 and the
application cannot send emails. Is there any setting in outlook 2003's
advanced options to get it work?

Warren

Old May 25th 06, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

No, there's no such setting in Outlook 2003. Your Outlook 2000 system works because it's vulnerable to all kinds of malicious code attacks.

See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for a complete review of your options.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP