Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/1538-outlook-2002-operation-failed-when.html)

Douglas Hay February 24th 06 07:01 PM

Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive

I have Outlook 2002, when I click SEND/RECEIVE, I get the error message "The
Operation Failed". No error numbers are listed, that is the exact and
complete message. I have looked on the Microsoft website and nothing there
was helpful. I tried deleting the email account and adding it, I also
uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it. I can 'Test' my account settings
and it passes, but I never receive the test email. I can compose an email
and click 'Send' and that works fine. It is not an ISP problem as Outlook
Express works fine.

So I can send email, but cannot receive it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Doug

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] February 25th 06 10:41 AM

Outlook 2002 "The operation Failed" when clicking Send/Receive

Try a new mail profile.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Douglas Hay asked: