sync Outlook with Orange website

Old May 18th 06, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default sync Outlook with Orange website

Andy Pandy wrote:

I can no longer sync my C550 with the Orange website though it used to
do it perfectly. Orange offer no support except to call a premium rate
number.

I can sync outlook express with no problem which leads me to think
there is a problem with outlook. I've tried deleting the .pst files
and reinstalling outlook byt still it won't sync. Any ideas please?

What's a C550? What's an "Orange website"? What to they have to do with
Outlook? What version of Outlook? What type of mail account? How do you
perform the "sync"? What happens when you try? I don't see how you could
have supplied any LESS information with which to work.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 18th 06, 07:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Andy Pandy wrote:

You really didn't understand orange website??
Orange is a widely known mobile phone operator.

Not in Michigan.

C550 is a smartphone. You can synchronise its contacts etc. with
Outlook. In my case it's: Microsoft(R) Office Outlook (R) 2003
(11.8010.6568) SP2 using a piece of PC software called Microsoft(R)
ActiveSync(R) version 3.8.0 (Build 5004) though a later version is
available. Oddly enough from Microsoft.

I don't see that as odd. All Windows Mobile devices use ActiveSync.

You can then use a piece of PC software called Synchronisation
Companion to synchronise the contents of outlook to a web server held
by orange (www.orange.co.uk). In effect this allows a backup of the
contents of outlook TO the orange server. Then should disaster befall
the smartphone you can then go to the orange website and recover all
your contacts etc.

OK so far?

Yes, but I can't find that software mentioned anywhere on Orange's web site.

When I load Synchronisation Companion and click on "sync" it produces
an error. This error is too long to repeat here. Suffice to say that I
can perform all the above tasks telling the software to use Outlook
Express but I cannot perform the above tasks when using THE SAME
software using Outlook.

I'm assuming that you've spoken with the vendor of Sync Companion and that
they've said it definitely works with Outlook and that they've given you
instructions on how to install it to work with Outlook. Sounds to me like
it's a Sync Companion issue, not an Outlook one.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 19th 06, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Andy Pandy wrote:

This may come as a surprise but there is a whole wide world outside of
Michigan.

You miss the point. You were *surprised* that someone hadn't heard of
"Orange". It's a UK company, apparently, and I'm in the States. Why would
I be making use of or even have had an inclination to have researched a UK
phone carrier?

Irony is not your strong suit is it?

Perhaps. I sure don't understand this question.

I said in the original post that this worked perfectly then stopped. I
also said that it still doeas work with Outlook Express.

Why would you think that it working with Outlook Express would have anything
whatsoever to do with Outlook? They're completely unrelated applications.
There are TONS (or should I say stones?) of applications that work with one
but not the other, just like there are applications that work with, say,
Powerpoint and not Exchange. In fact, an application not working with
Outlook that does work with Outlook Express is the usual case. Clearly your
problem is that you don't understand the capability of the tools you use.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 20th 06, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Here is a cluestick for you - ask Orange about it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Andy Pandy asked: