Outlook 2003 Copying headers

Old May 17th 06, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Bruce Cairy

Default Outlook 2003 Copying headers

Hi. I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003. For email metrics purposes, we
need to copy the header information and paste it into Excel (highlight the
email, ctrl-c and paste in excel). Previously this was working fine with
Outlook 2000 & Excel 2000. Now when we try to copy the header information
it is not giving us the full date, it only gives us the time of the email.
I have tried this with Outlook 2003/Excel 2003 and Outlook 2003/Excel 2000.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

Bruce.

Old May 17th 06, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Gordon

Bruce Cairy wrote:

Hi. I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003. For email metrics purposes,
we need to copy the header information and paste it into Excel (highlight
the
email, ctrl-c and paste in excel). Previously this was working fine with
Outlook 2000 & Excel 2000. Now when we try to copy the header information
it is not giving us the full date, it only gives us the time of the email.
I have tried this with Outlook 2003/Excel 2003 and Outlook 2003/Excel
2000.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

Bruce.

Where are you copying the header information from?

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Old May 17th 06, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Gordon

Bruce Cairy wrote:

Highlight the mail in Outlook, and press Ctrl-c. Don't need to open the
email.

That won't give you the full headers AFAIK - right-click on the mail and
choose Options.

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
Old May 18th 06, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Bruce Cairy

But this previously worked in Outlook 2000. This is the way we were doing
this.

This has changed in Outlook 2003.