Why doesn't my email content show up?

Old February 23rd 06, 03:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
shughenry

Default Why doesn't my email content show up?

When I get an email, I see the sender and the reference line, but the content
is blank. This is happening on about 50% of my received messages.
Old February 23rd 06, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

shughenry wrote:

When I get an email, I see the sender and the reference line, but the
content is blank. This is happening on about 50% of my received
messages.

If you right-click the body area and choose Select All do you see anything?
Sometimes there's a problem of font color matching background color.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 24th 06, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
SMH

seriously speaking, i start to suspect it may be due to some of the latest
patches or fixes from Microsoft that makes Outlook act so weird. Unless the
emails contain virus, otherwise, the body of the email should NOT be blank.
To get around this, I change the Outlook setting so that a copy of the email
is retained on the ISP server for a couple days so if there are any blank
emails, at least I can go back to the webmail to check the content of the
email. If I need to retain the content of the email, you need to either
forward the email to yourself again or another web email account that you
have, and then forward to yourself again. That normally works. Too
unfortunately this suddently happens to many people...really not sure why

Old February 24th 06, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

SMH wrote:

seriously speaking, i start to suspect it may be due to some of the
latest patches or fixes from Microsoft that makes Outlook act so
weird. Unless the emails contain virus, otherwise, the body of the
email should NOT be blank.

However, since there is no antivirus code in Outlook, I don't see how it
could be Outlook removing the body.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 27th 06, 03:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
shughenry

Thanks for answering.

There was nothing when I right clicked. It was a simple reply, no images, no
strange font color, etc. (I called the sender) but no content ever showed up.

It wasn't work related, just personal, so I'm not panicked. But I also sent
email to myself FROM Outlook to Outlook and it was blank. Maybe just an
Outlook burp?

Shughenry

Old February 27th 06, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

shughenry wrote:

There was nothing when I right clicked. It was a simple reply, no
images, no strange font color, etc. (I called the sender) but no
content ever showed up.

I've seen reports of this caused by scanning mail with an antivirus scanner.
--
Brian Tillman

Old March 1st 06, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rob

Hi there,

My Outlook has started doing the same thing, I have 3 x ISP adresses & 1 x
Hotmail Address, that Outlook downloads, and all of them are aeffected by the
random Blanking of e-mails, So I can confrim that it is def outllok.

I have tried the forwarding on the message idea, but that does not work, I
think once it has been downloaded as a blank that is it.

The random nature of the problem also males it impossible to test out any
different scenarios.

I have also tried the restore office defaults thing and that did not work.

Any help would be apprecited.

Rob

Old March 29th 06, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lone Star

Did you ever get any info on how to 'fix' this problem? I have the same
thing going on for multiple ISP accounts inbound/outbound.

-G

Old March 31st 06, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Rob

Hi Yes, I did

I came up with a solution not sure if it is the right one, but it worked.
(I suspected it to be something to do with Service Pack as People here have
hinted, I have had these accounts set up through various upgrades of office &
Wiondows)

1. I created new New PST Files for each of my personal folders.

2 .I then copied the mail from the ones giving me problems into the new
area. This needs to be done for In and Sent mail. You could also just rename
your old PST file and keep it as personel folder and have the new PST clean
for all of your new in & out mail.

2. Then Deleted the old PST files. (probbly best just to rename them and
leave them in a folder somewhere just in case)

3. Need to make sure your accounts are pointing to the correct PST file too

4. Seems to be working perfectly now for all of my incoming mail. As I say
it was either a problem from SP2 (my old PST files were in the outlook97
format) or the files had become corrupt.

5. oh yes you may need to do a bit of work on your contacts as they appear
to be linked to the original inbox - pst file.

Hope this helps

Rob

Old April 13th 06, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook

Rob,

This all sounds good, but a bit lost. Is there someway, someone can lay this
out step by step for those of us that are still somewhat computer/email
impaired?

thx