Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Oulook 03 Can "find" server, but can't login, send or receive... (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/14754-oulook-03-can-find-server.html)

Cricket May 15th 06 08:04 PM

Oulook 03 Can "find" server, but can't login, send or receive...

I'm using Outlook 2003. Connected to the net via local lan. I have one
computer using Outlook 2000 and can access my email server just fine.
When creating the exact same settings via Outlook 2003 it can "find" the
server - but can't access it. The username and password are correct. The
incoming and outgoing settings are exactly the same the Outlook 2000
settings.

I'm baffled. Any ideas as to what I need to change?
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Cricket

William Lefkovics [MVP] May 16th 06 08:57 AM

Oulook 03 Can "find" server, but can't login, send or receive...

POP3 mail server?

What error do you get when you 'test settings' in the account setup?

(WAG) In the logon information, you might try the SMTP address.

Cricket May 17th 06 04:45 PM

Oulook 03 Can "find" server, but can't login, send or receive...

Hi,
Thanks and Yes, POP3 server.
error message is: Sent test e-mail settings. "The server was found, but
there was no response from the server..."
and... the same message when trying login.

All settings are identical to my other computer using Outlook 2000.

Still stumped...