How to not include images in reply

Old May 5th 06, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
~~AAJakeleg

Default How to not include images in reply

How can I force Outlook to remove all images in replies? I know I can
manually remove attachments and delete embedded images, but I want
Outlook to do it for me.

Also, I *do* want it to include the original text in the reply just not
any of the images, whether they be attachments or embedded.

Old May 5th 06, 08:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
William Lefkovics [MVP]

You could select 'Reply' and then under the 'Format' menu, select 'Plain
Text'.

That will clear the embedded images and keep the text.

ups.com...

Old May 5th 06, 04:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
~~AAJakeleg

Is there a way to do this automatically for all messages?

And, sorry to directly eliminate a viable option, but in OE, I can
reply in rich text, include the previous message, *and* remove embedded
images and attachments.

Is there a way to automatically do this in Outlook (orig message text +
rich text + no attachments/images)?

Old May 6th 06, 04:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Changing the format to plain text would do it.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old May 6th 06, 04:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
~~AAJakeleg

Right, I realize that. But, like I mentioned in the post to which you
replied, I'm looking for:

orig message text + rich text + no attachments/images

Old May 6th 06, 05:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Then you'll have to remove the images by hand. Outlook isn't going to do it for you.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP