outlook doesnt get online with the exchange server

Old February 16th 06, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Farooq Khan

Default outlook doesnt get online with the exchange server

hi all,
i'm having problem with my oultlook connecting to exchange server (it wasnt
there sometime back dont recall exactly what change or update started this).
problem is that it doesnt get online with exchange server running. it keeps
popping a dialoge box to provide it user/pwd. user/pwd are correct as i'm
already using them to login the system (we have domain controller
installed). sometimes although i have seen it connects for some reason
though. but most of the times it keeps me offline.

i have Microsoft Exchange 2003 installed with Service Pack 2 have Microsoft
Office Outlook 2003 (11.8002.6568) with SP 2 and using Windows XP Tablet Pc
Edition with SP2. i have installed all the updates too from microsoft site.
cant think of anything more now. need help.

best regards,
Farooq Khan

Old February 17th 06, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

In ,
Farooq Khan typed:
hi all,
i'm having problem with my oultlook connecting to exchange server (it
wasnt there sometime back dont recall exactly what change or update
started this). problem is that it doesnt get online with exchange
server running. it keeps popping a dialoge box to provide it
user/pwd. user/pwd are correct as i'm already using them to login the
system (we have domain controller installed).

And does this PC belong to the domain? And the user is logging into the
domain, not a local workstation account? And can this user access other
domain resources without being prompted for credentials?

sometimes although i
have seen it connects for some reason though. but most of the times
it keeps me offline.
i have Microsoft Exchange 2003 installed with Service Pack 2 have
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.8002.6568) with SP 2 and using
Windows XP Tablet Pc Edition with SP2. i have installed all the
updates too from microsoft site. cant think of anything more now.
need help.

How is Outlook set up to access the Exchange server? Regular MAPI? RPC over
HTTPs?

best regards,
Farooq Khan