April 24th 06 05:23 PM

server side rule for autoforwarding outgoing?

Hi,

I was wondering if there were a server side rule for autoforwarding all
outgoing emails? We have a helpdesk shared email and we want to have a
public folder as the recipient of all of these. All the rules for outgoing
seem to be client side. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] April 24th 06 05:33 PM

server side rule for autoforwarding outgoing?

In ,
- - typed:
Hi,

I was wondering if there were a server side rule for autoforwarding
all outgoing emails? We have a helpdesk shared email and we want to
have a public folder as the recipient of all of these. All the rules
for outgoing seem to be client side. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

You can use message journaling, but that will apply to all inbound/outbound
messages, per mail store, and that's likely way more than you want.

Is the helpdesk a mailbox, or a DL? I'd make it a mailbox, grant the users
"send as" rights, and see RightFrom and UniSent at www.ivasoft.biz - so that
all sent messages stay in the shared mailbox's sent items folder. That way,
you do end up with everything kept in one place, which is what I believe you
want to achieve....