Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlook 2003 SR1 SEND TO AS ATTACHMENT "The Operation Failed" (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/11820-outlook-2003-sr1-send-attachment.html)

Brad April 17th 06 08:48 PM

Outlook 2003 SR1 SEND TO AS ATTACHMENT "The Operation Failed"

Hello All,

I have a user running Windowx XP Pro and Office 2003 SR1. When she
opens a spreadsheet and clicks FileSend toMail Recipient (As
Attachment). She recieves an error that says "The Operation Failed" She
clicks OK and see another error that says An error has occured, please
restart your mail program.

A re-install of Office did not fix the problem so in the interest of
Time i did a clean install of Windows XP and Office 2003. Restored her
data and sent her on her way. She was able to send a few spreadsheets
using the Send To feature but when she tried using the one that started
the issue, the problem re-surfaced.

She can no longer use the "Send To" feature in any office app.
Outlook is set as the default mail program
I have exchanged her win.ini file with one from a working machine - no
good
I think it is a single spreadsheet that caused the problem but how to i
repair without re-installing again? However, I was able to send that
exact spreadhseet using another machine without a prob??

Thanks for your help
Brad

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] April 17th 06 10:25 PM

Outlook 2003 SR1 SEND TO AS ATTACHMENT "The Operation Failed"

FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was
released on Apr 15th.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

It lists two known conflicts so far.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Brad asked: