Global Address List

Old April 11th 06, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange.setup,microsoft.public.outlook
Nicolas Macarez

Default Global Address List

Hi !

My platform is as follows:

Windows 2003 Server SP1
Exchange Server 2003 SP2
Outlook 2003 clients

I recently added a new user in the Active Directory Users & Computers MMC. I
did create an e-mail and a mailbox for this user.
I can send him mails, even from the Internet.

The issue is that I can't see this user in the Global Address List.
For example, when I create a new message, and then drill down to Global
Address List in the TO: field, everyone for the company is visible but not
this user.

Finally, I did delete this user, and then re-create it, but it is neither
visible.

Any idea?

Help appreciated

Nicolas

Old April 11th 06, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange.setup,microsoft.public.outlook
Mark Arnold [MVP]

When you drill down in the Address Lists and look in the All Users, is
he there?
If you were to type his name into the To: field and then do Check
Name, what happens, does the name underline or does it not resolve?

Old April 11th 06, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange.setup,microsoft.public.outlook
Nicolas Macarez

Mark,

I already did what you suggest:

The user is indeed visible in the All Users list.

The problem is that I want, for exemple, to open the Mailbox of this user A
from the Outlook Client of user B (after having set the proper rights and
properties in the good tabs of the "User A" ADUC account).
User A is not visible in the Global Address List as I said in the first
post, but visible in the All Users list. But when I choose it, I get an
error : "This object doesn't exist" or something similar.

I have the same answer if I type the full address mail of this User A.

Regards

Nicolas

Old April 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange.setup,microsoft.public.outlook
Andrew Dadmun

"Nicolas Macarez" wrote in message
Hi !

My platform is as follows:

Windows 2003 Server SP1
Exchange Server 2003 SP2
Outlook 2003 clients

I recently added a new user in the Active Directory Users & Computers MMC.
did create an e-mail and a mailbox for this user.
I can send him mails, even from the Internet.

The issue is that I can't see this user in the Global Address List.
For example, when I create a new message, and then drill down to Global
Address List in the TO: field, everyone for the company is visible but not
this user.

Finally, I did delete this user, and then re-create it, but it is neither
visible.

Any idea?

Help appreciated

Nicolas

The GAL isn't updated immediately. Check tomorrow and they'll probably be
there. The GAL updates at night during maintenance and the Outlook clients
also need to download the updated GAL. Give it some time... (or you can
force it to update manually.)

Regards,
Andy D.

Old April 12th 06, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange.setup,microsoft.public.outlook
Jermaine

Andrew, how do you force the GAL to update? Also, I thought then when you
created a user it would populate the GAL immediately. In addition, I also
thought that exchange cache mode clients would have to sync to view the
updated changes, however online MAPI clients would get them automatically.

Jermaine

Old April 12th 06, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin,microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.exchange.setup,microsoft.public.outlook
Nicolas Macarez

After one night, the user appeared finally, without updating anything
manually...

We just have to wait...
Regards

Nicolas