Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Outlvba.dll is not a valid office add-in error (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/10648-outlvba-dll-not-valid-office.html)

Jon LaBarge April 5th 06 05:09 PM

Outlvba.dll is not a valid office add-in error

We have a user that is not able to send emails. Receiving is no problem, but
she cannot send. She gets a "c:\documents and settings\%users%\application
data\microsoft\addins\outlvba.dll is not a valid office add-in" error.

I have never seen this before and I have not questioned her about add-ins
that she may have installed. Before I take the time to go an disable all of
her add-ins and then test them 1 by 1, has anyone ever seen this before and
can point me to the solution quickly?

This is OL2K3 on XP Pro Sp2.

Thank you in advance!

Jon

Scott Atkins[MSFT] April 5th 06 08:15 PM

Outlvba.dll is not a valid office add-in error

Hi,

To resolve this issue, first try renaming the two files OUTLVBA.DLL and OUTLWVW.DLL, and then run a Detect and Repair of Office.

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support