Outlook/Hotmail will not send one 7MB email attachment

Old November 9th 13, 04:41 PM
carver carver is offline
Junior Member

Default Outlook/Hotmail will not send one 7MB email attachment

My hotmail program was automatically changed to Outlook a few months ago. It has been working okay. I could not get online recently because after running an anti-malware program, I got the message that Hotmail (my homepage) was not setup to connect to the internet. A technician from Brighthouse came yesterday and "re-set" the computer. I do not know what he did, but I could go online after that and send attachments. However, when I tried to send a 7MB avi attachment Hotmail either did nothing or seemed to go through the motions but never actually accepted the email. I converted the .avi file to .wmv but got the same reults. After many, many tries I took the same attachment to my wife's laptop and used my Hotmail there to send the same attachment. It went well. Both of our computers have Window7 64-bit and use Internet Explorer.

Since Hotmai on my wife's laptop l sends the same attachment that Hotmail on my computer, there must be a problem with Hotmail on my computer. I contacted Brighthouse about this but they say that they do not work on "Hotmail," I need to contact Microsoft for that. Any suggestions?
Old December 6th 13, 04:15 AM
amanda_lakai amanda_lakai is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
[...]

The maximum attachment size limit for Outlook.com is 25MB, so this shouldn’t happen. But if it’s causing problem then, try out the following tricks:
1. First upload your attachment file to SkyDrive page then, send it.
2. Try methods to reduce the size of the file:
• Compress the file before uploading. You can use WinZip or some other compression software.
• If it’s possible, then divide the file into smaller files and send it one by one.

If the issue still persists with your system then it can be possible that your system blocks the message due to its content or there can also be some browser compatibility issue.

I have found one relevant link, see if it helps:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...d-649389b46fb8