Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Favorites folder unstable Outlook2010 (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/105954-favorites-folder-unstable-outlook2010.html)

Ludo_Beckers April 24th 13 09:19 AM

Favorites folder unstable Outlook2010

I have a favorites folder with about 6 different subfolders.
Sometimes they're gone; this happens once every fortnight more or less.

When I then right-click one of the folders that's not in the Fav anymore, it doesn't say "add to favorites", but instead has the option "remove from favorites".

1 - why do the subfolders keep dissappearing?
This has been going on for months
2 - how come Outlook still "thinks" they're in the Fav-folder?
I have to first click "remove"-option before I can re-add, which is quite a ridiculous situation.

amanda_lakai May 20th 13 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludo_Beckers (Post 360420)
I have a favorites folder with about 6 different subfolders.
Sometimes they're gone; this happens once every fortnight more or less.

When I then right-click one of the folders that's not in the Fav anymore, it doesn't say "add to favorites", but instead has the option "remove from favorites".

1 - why do the subfolders keep dissappearing?
This has been going on for months
2 - how come Outlook still "thinks" they're in the Fav-folder?
I have to first click "remove"-option before I can re-add, which is quite a ridiculous situation.

This might be happening due to corrupted settings or files associated with the Outlook navigation pane
You can correct the probelm by using the Outlook switch : /resetnavpane to restore the settings to default.

Follow the given steps to do so:
1. First, Exit Outlook.
2. Click on the Windows Start Menu
3. Click on Run and type outlook /resetnavpane in the box.
4. Press enter.

This will reset the Outlook navigation pane settings. I hope this will resolve your issue.

Ludo_Beckers June 19th 13 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda_lakai (Post 360430)
This will reset the Outlook navigation pane settings. I hope this will resolve your issue.

I waited a while before replying to see if the solution was persistent; it is, thank you :-)